East Africa Customs and Freight Forwarding Practicing Certificate (EACFFPC)
To equip customs agents and freight forwarders across East Africa with the necessary skills and regulations to apply when clearing goods, FEAFFA in partnership with the East Africa Revenue Authorities (EARAs), East Africa Customs Directorate of Customs and the national associations of customs agents and freight forwarders across the region, e.g. KIFWA, developed the East Africa Customs and Freight Forwarding Practicing Certificate (EACFFPC) program in 2007.
The program has received support by various development partners including Trademark East Africa, USAID East Africa Trade and Investment Hub, Family and Health international 360 among others. By acquiring the EACFFPC certification, customs agents and freight forwarding would be able discharge their duty in facilitating trade efficiently, competently and in an ethical way.
The certificate is administered across the East African countries with the same course outline and training materials. The program pioneered in Kenya with a cohort of about 100 agents and has grown to train over 6,000 agents in the entire EAC region. About 3,000 of these are Kenyans.
- Managed by the National Curriculum Implementation Committee
- To promote a high standard of service by its members to their customers.
- Administered by the Kenya School of Revenue Administration (KESRA).
- A six month training certification, divided in to two semesters
- Classes are held in Nairobi and Mombasa
- Each course is taught by an expert skilled in that particular area.
- Apply through KESRA website CLICK ON APPLY NOW LINK BELOW